Sun, 05 Jul|
Corfe Mullen Recreation Ground
100 MILE BIKE RIDE
The Macmillan Dorset 100 is a challenging ride. Cyclists who do not reach certain points of the course in time will be diverted to a shorter distance. Start Time 08:00 only Standard Entry Fee £30
Time & Location
05 Jul 2020, 08:00 – 16:00
Corfe Mullen Recreation Ground, Badbury View Rd, Corfe Mullen, Wimborne BH21 3HU, UK
About the Event
The Macmillan Dorset 100 ride will consist of just one loop and less confusing dividing points this will mean the ride will go further west. Starting in Corfe Mullen and visiting Wimborne, Blandford, Winterborne Stickland, Bulbarrow, Hazelbury Bryan, Holwell, Yetminster, Chetnole, Glanvilles Wooton, Mappowder, Ansty, Cheselbourne, Puddletown, Bere Regis, Milborne St. Andrew and Milton Abbas. The route then joins the other longer rides at Winterborne Whitechurch for the same route back to the finish via Winterborne Kingston, Anderson, Bloxworth, Morden and Lytchett Matravers. Please note this ride is for the serious cyclist and fundraiser. We recommend cyclists should be able to average 15 mph if undertaking this ride.
Start Time 08:00 only Standard Entry Fee £30
All entrants under the age of 18 are required to complete a parent consent form. Please go to our Downloads page, complete the form and post it to us before you enter. Rider details can not be dispatched until we receive the signed permission form.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride is organised by volunteers of the Dorset Bike Ride Fundraising Group on behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support (company number 2400969), a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity number 261017), Scotland (Charity number SC039907) and in the Isle of Man (Charity number 604) of 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.
2. This is a charity bike ride and all entrants are expected to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
3. Registration shall open at 7.30am on the day of the event and each cyclist will be required to attend registration at the check-in time allocated to them within the information pack which shall be sent to them prior to the event in order for us to confirm that they are in attendance and to check that the numbers are secured to the jersey and bike correctly.
4. The first group of cyclists (which shall only include those cyclists taking part in the 100mile route) shall begin their ride at 8am, and each subsequent group shall start on their allocated start time following this. It is the cyclist’s responsibility to ensure that they arrive at the starting area for their correct allocated starting times.
5. Cyclists must observe the Highway Code at all times, and in particular, they should ride in single file and not in large groups.
6. Cyclists under the age of sixteen MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult*.
7. Cyclists should ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
8. Cyclists should appreciate that cycling can be very strenuous and should be fully aware of their capabilities. Cyclists shall make sure that their health is in a condition that allows him/her to take part in this event and consult a doctor if necessary. Participation will be at the participant’s own risk. For participants who are under the age of 18, their parents/guardians would be confirming their suitability to take part and taking on this risk via the parent consent form.
9. Respect the countryside and leave it tidy.
10. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public. We would only use photos and video footage of under-aged participants with the consent of their parents/guardians obtained via the parental consent form.
11. Organisers reserve the right not to allow a cyclist to participate for various reasons, not limited to: late registration, unsuitable clothing/footwear, unsafe cycling equipment, inappropriate behaviour, unsuitable fitness levels, health issues.
12. Macmillan Cancer Support respectfully asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event. Macmillan reserves the right to not allow individuals to participate in the event on the ground that they are bringing the charity’s name in to disrepute by depicting smoking at the event.
13. Any cyclist withdrawing from the event either before or during the ride must notify the Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride Organisers.
14. Regardless of the cyclists’ allocated start time, the cut off time for all cyclists for this event shall be 4pm. If any cyclist continues to ride beyond this time then they acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.
15. The Organisers reserve the right to amend, postpone or cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. We shall inform you if we intend to re-schedule and if you will be able to transfer your entry fee to a rescheduled event.
16. All cyclists MUST wear a helmet and should NOT use iPods, musical devices or telephones while riding.
17. Cyclists should wear bright clothing, suitable foot attire and have relevant and sufficient insurance in place to cover their participation in the event.
18. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
19. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and jurisdiction.
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that Macmillan has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that Macmillan will not be liable for death or personal injury unless it is caused as a direct result of Macmillan’s negligence. * A Parent Permission Form for all those under 18s should be downloaded from the website signed and posted to us before an entry can be accepted. We will use your details for the purpose of administering this event.
The 2020 Cycling Jersey costs just £30
Check the jersey size chart here
When completing your entry form please fill in your full address - What you type in will be how your envelope is addressed.
Also, please supply individual email addresses for each rider as instructions and information will be emailed.
Once again this year there is an opportunity to make an additional donation when you enter, just select the Give Extra option. Remember it all goes to Macmillan Cancer Support. If you are going to struggle to collect sponsor money please select this option.
Should you have problems entering online please contact us about alternative ways of paying.
To pay by card over the telephone complete your details on the entry form then call 01904 756421 between 09:00 and 04:30 Monday to Friday or pay by bank transfer, sort code 30-64-72 account 35853368
This allows the registrant to ride in the Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride 100-mile ride starting at 08.00 on Sunday 5th July 2020. Details of the ride will be sent to on receipt of payment.
Standard Ticket with Jersey
This price includes entry fee and the official 2020 Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride Jersey
You can donate an additional £10 along with the purchase of your Entry fee.