Terms and Conditions & Data Protection Statement
Terms and Conditions
1. The Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride is organised by volunteers of the Dorset Bike Ride Fundraising Group on behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support (company number 2400969), a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity number 261017), Scotland (Charity number SC039907) and in the Isle of Man (Charity number 604) of 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.
2. This is a charity bike ride and all entrants are expected to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
3. Registration shall open at 7.30am on the day of the event and each cyclist will be required to attend registration at the check-in time allocated to them within the information pack which shall be sent to them prior to the event in order for us to confirm that they are in attendance and to check that the numbers are secured to the jersey and bike correctly.
4. The first group of cyclists (which shall only include those cyclists taking part in the 100mile route) shall begin their ride at 8am, and each subsequent group shall start on their allocated start time following this. It is the cyclist’s responsibility to ensure that they arrive at the starting area for their correct allocated starting times.
5. Cyclists must observe the Highway Code at all times, and in particular, they should ride in single file and not in large groups.
6. Cyclists under the age of sixteen MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult*.
7. Cyclists should ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
8. Cyclists should appreciate that cycling can be very strenuous and should be fully aware of their capabilities. Cyclists shall make sure that their health is in a condition that allows him/her to take part in this event and consult a doctor if necessary. Participation will be at the participant’s own risk. For participants who are under the age of 18, their parents/guardians would be confirming their suitability to take part and taking on this risk via the parent consent form.
9. Respect the countryside and leave it tidy.
10. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public. We would only use photos and video footage of under-aged participants with the consent of their parents/guardians obtained via the parental consent form.
11. Organisers reserve the right not to allow a cyclist to participate for various reasons, not limited to: late registration, unsuitable clothing/footwear, unsafe cycling equipment, inappropriate behaviour, unsuitable fitness levels, health issues.
12. Macmillan Cancer Support respectfully asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event. Macmillan reserves the right to not allow individuals to participate in the event on the ground that they are bringing the charity’s name in to disrepute by depicting smoking at the event.
13. Any cyclist withdrawing from the event either before or during the ride must notify the Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride Organisers.
14. Regardless of the cyclists’ allocated start time, the cut off time for all cyclists for this event shall be 4pm. If any cyclist continues to ride beyond this time then they acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.
15. The Organisers reserve the right to amend, postpone or cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. We shall inform you if we intend to re-schedule and if you will be able to transfer your entry fee to a rescheduled event.
16. All cyclists MUST wear a helmet and should NOT use ipods, musical devices or telephones while riding.
17. Cyclists should wear bright clothing, suitable foot attire and have relevant and sufficient insurance in place to cover their participation in the event.
18. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
19. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and jurisdiction.
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that Macmillan has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that Macmillan will not be liable for death or personal injury unless it is caused as a direct result of Macmillan’s negligence. * A Parent Permission Form for all those under 18s should be downloaded from the website signed and posted to us before an entry can be accepted.
We will use your details for the purpose of administering this event.
* A Parent Permission Form for all those under 18s should be downloaded form this website signed and posted to us before an entry can be accepted. - Macmillan's legal requirement.
2020 Ride Entry Fees and Deadlines
2nd November standard entry fee £30 100 miles and £15 other rides
late entry fee £30 100 miles £25 other rides