Terms and Conditions & Data Protection Statement
1. The Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride is organised by volunteers of the Dorset Bike Ride Fundraising Group on behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support.
2. This is a charity bike ride and all entrants are expected to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
3. Cyclists must observe the Highway Code at all times, and in particular, they should ride in single file and not in large groups.
4. Cyclists under the age of sixteen MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult. *
5. Cyclists should ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
6. Cyclists should appreciate that cycling can be very strenuous and should be fully aware of their capabilities. Cyclists shall make sure that their health is in a condition that allows him/her to take part in this event, and consult a doctor if necessary. Participation will be at the participant's own risk.
7. Respect the countryside and leave it tidy.
8. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public.
9. Organisers reserve the right not to allow a cyclist to participate for various reasons, not limited to: late registration, unsuitable clothing/footwear, unsafe cycling equipment, inappropriate behaviour, unsuitable fitness levels, health issues.
10. Macmillan Cancer Support respectfully asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event. Macmillan reserves the right to not allow individuals to participant in the event on the ground that they are bringing the charity's name in to disrepute by depicting smoking at the event.
11. Any cyclist withdrawing from the event either before or during the ride must notify the Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride Organisers.
12. All cyclists are encouraged to finish by 1600 hrs
13. The Organisers reserve the right to amend, postpone or cancel the event at any time. Please note that the entry fee is non-refundable.
14. All cyclists MUST wear a helmet and should NOT use ipods, musical devices or telephones while riding.
15. Cyclists should wear bright clothing, suitable foot attire and have their own insurance.
16. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
17. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and jurisdiction
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that Macmillan has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that Macmillan will not be liable for death or personal injury unless it is caused as a direct result of Macmillan’s negligence.
Macmillan’s Data protection statement:
There are many simple, inspiring and fun things we can do to make sure no one faces cancer alone. By clicking 'submit' you consent to us further contacting you via email, text, phone and post with information about our services and other ways you can help, including ways to volunteer, take part in research, how you can donate to us and how you can get involved in our activities including fundraising, unless you tell us otherwise.
* A Parent Permission Form for all those under 18s should be downloaded form this website signed and posted to us before an entry can be accepted. - Macmillan's legal requirement.
2018 Ride Entry Fees and Deadlines
1st December - 26th June standard entry fee £30 100 miles and £15 other rides
26th June onwards late entry fee £30 100 miles £25 other rides and £15 for 10 miles